This plan of insurance provides protection against a single peril: lack of precipitation. Coverage can be purchased by landlords, tenants, and owner/operators for those acres important to their haying or grazing operation. Producers may select a variety of coverage levels, productivity factors, and two-month intervals to personalize their plan. The Rainfall Index program uses weather data collected by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) to determine rainfall levels. Losses are based on a rainfall index and when the precipitation in the grid and index interval declines from its long-term historical norm.
The 2022 Coverage Deadline is November, 15th 2021
- NO upfront cost
- SIMPLE enrollment process
- PAYS YOU
- Available on Irrigated & Dry Land Crops
- Available in 48 States!
- Affordable Protection Against Drought
- When rainfall is less than 90% of normal based on NOAA
- This program is USDA Subsidized making it affordable for you!